Applications Engineer - Salesforce, Atlassian 21-0421
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As an Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for collecting requirements, designing, writing, testing, deploying, and supporting implementations and enhancements for the applications that drives Relativity. The Applications Engineer works under general direction of manager and senior team members.
- Design, build, and write new code & enhancements for applications and maintain existing implementations with a focus on quality, security, and performance.
- Document work using flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, wire frames, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Collaborate with other business team members in gathering requirements, testing, and issue handling.
- Support day to day running of business applications built on internal tools such as Salesforce, Atlassian, Informatica, etc. to empower internal teams and meet business requirements.
- Actively participate in SCRUM and Agile software processes.
- Apply technical skills towards the validation of product quality by writing unit test cases.
- Keep up with industry trends in general software development/innovation, applications and tools used by the Application team.
- Keep close partnership with Admins and other team members by adequately transferring knowledge and collaborating.
- Maintain currency with Salesforce & Jira development best practices and knowledge by researching and maintaining certification(s).
- Assist with resolving issues related to deployments.
- Actively participate in the Application Lifecycle Management as a developer and release manager.
- 3+yrs Hands-on development experience as full stack developer including experience in Atlassian and Salesforce development.
- Experience in SQL development, including writing SQL queries, creating views and PL/SQL development knowledge.
- Experience in Azure Development.
- Experience with any CI / CD tool & version control system for automated deployments.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I and Certified Administrator certifications.
- 3+yrs Hands-on Atlassian and Salesforce Development experience.
- Experience in non-declarative & declarative automations on Salesforce platform like programming with APEX, Aura & Lightning Web Components, Visualforce, Process Builder & Flows, Approval Processes, Workflow Rules, Assignment Rules, Validation Rules, Reports & Dashboards, etc.
- Good knowledge & understanding of Salesforce & Atlassian tools architecture and different integration patterns for the integration with other tools using managed packages & other integration mechanisms like through ETL, RESTful & SOAP services, etc.
- Ability to present complex ideas clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical members of the business
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group with demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented and service-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and come up with various options for implementing a solution
- Excellent knowledge of Software Engineering discipline, including hands-on knowledge of latest programming languages, Object-Oriented Programming, High-Performance, Fault-tolerant Distributed Systems, Data Storage Systems.
- Data migration experience in Salesforce using Data Loader, Salesforce import/export tools, or any ETL tools.
- Ability to work with business champions, business analyst and project managers.
- Experience in agile & waterfall development processes.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle, including requirement gathering, requirement analysis, design and reviews, development, and testing.