IT Product Manager - Enterprise Financial Applications (Remote)
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs? Do you seek a workplace where you grow and transform your career?
At Relativity, we strive to be a company where everyone is excited to come to work and has the support they need to bring their best. Our core values are the blueprint for how we lead our lives – both in and out of the workplace.
Relativity is currently looking for top-performing IT leaders who are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity in our IT department. As our IT Product Manager - Enterprise Applications, your mission is to lead IT’s roadmap to business success which enlightens, inspires, and maximizes the impact of IT. You’re empowered to define how IT leverages its talent and resources to enable Relativity’s success!
As the IT Product Manager, you will gain a deep understanding of our internal customers (Finance, Sales & HR), their business capabilities and objectives. You will build strategic partnerships with these internal customers; anticipate their technology needs; define our IT product strategy; prioritize IT’s roadmap to align with their goals; inspire and lead IT to deliver business outcomes. A major problem we face with our financial systems is poor integration, hindering reporting and process automation.
Expect to learn and grow! If you’re an intellectually curious and passionate learner, this role may be a great fit. As an IT Product Manager, you’ll lead an agile IT product team, setting sprint themes and plans. On occasion, you will manage vendor delivery teams through project lifecycles.
You determine your most productive work location! Our main office is in Chicago’s loop. You’re welcome to split time remote and in-office or work fully remote. Occasional visits to Chicago may be encouraged for major events (estimated semi-annual).
Your Role In Action
- Foster strategic partnerships with our internal customers (Finance, Sales, HR) by deeply understanding their business capabilities and objectives. As their trusted IT partner, actively contribute to their strategic planning. Demonstrate how technology may enable/optimize/transform their capabilities and define the IT’s strategy to drive business value.
- Develop capability roadmaps which inspire and organize IT talent to deliver measurable business outcomes. You will recommend buy/build/extend decisions for transforming capabilities.
- Establish and monitor the customer success indicators. Take a return-on-investment mindset to increasing the business value of IT while minimizing costs.
- Be the voice of our internal customers with IT’s delivery teams. Continuously educate IT on the business domain. Energize IT’s employees by showcasing how our work efforts contribute to Relativity’s success.
- Actively manage supply & demand. Partner closely with IT’s architects to craft solutions to business problems and estimate work. Manage and negotiate tradeoffs with diverse stakeholder groups; whom may have differing objectives.
- Anticipate business need and create space for experimentation.
- Track and prioritize problems/defects.
- Orchestrates relationships between business partners, technical architecture, and vendors throughout the lifecycle of our product/services.
- Provide product management leadership to agile scrum teams. Define and prioritize requirements, ensure solutions deliver the desired business outcomes while adhering to our architectural vision.
- Hold the delivery teams accountable to ensure testing, training, deployment, and enablement activities are executed impeccably well.
- Monitor business impact (quantitative and qualitative measures) of new capabilities and features and adjust plans according to data.
- Occasionally support the agile teams by performing project management and business analysis tasks.
Set your IT Product Vision and Strategy
Develop IT’s Roadmaps
Oversee Delivery of Business Outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of related work experience with experience managing agile development teams in the role of product manager, product owner, or scrum master.
- Experience determining and overseeing software development initiatives and estimating resource requirements.
- Expertise in strategic thinking and strong business acumen.
- Experience leading enterprise financial systems transformation, particularly helping address the challenges of too many disparate, niche systems with poor integration. SaaS/Cloud experience is required.
- Expertise in at least 2 domains such as core accounting, procurement, payables, order management, receivables, HR, payroll.
- Successfully managed at least 3 complex IT Finance-related projects through the full project life cycle; partnering with customers and engineers from inception through deployment/stabilization and at least one major organization transformation effort, directly contributing to the change management plan.
- Passion and an intellectual curiosity for supporting diverse portfolio of customers and technology.
- Experience working in a matrix organization is a plus; particularly in aligning multiple teams toward common goals.
- Formal people leadership a plus.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.