Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
The Technical Writer at Relativity writes accurate, engaging, user-focused documentation that follows Relativity's technical writing and quality standards. They also build deep customer empathy, identify opportunities to help customers' use of our products, work with product managers, engineers and other experts, and work within a team of product documentation professionals. Technical Writers at Relativity operate under moderate direction of managers and senior team members.
Your Role in Action
- Produce accurate, engaging, user-focused product documentation
- Follow Relativity documentation styles, guidelines and procedures; help maintain the style guide and glossary and recommend revisions to existing technical writing standards and guidelines
- Establish relationships and work with other teams such as Product Management, Engineering, Support, and other experts to plan, research, create, validate and revise product documentation
- Understand customer perspective and feedback to help inform general product enhancement and feature design decisions - Build general understanding of product indicators by monitoring product metric dashboards to identify trends, client needs, product success, and missing metrics to provide to senior team members
- In collaboration with senior team members, develop solution hypotheses to solve low-to-medium complexity problems and apply Agile product design methodologies to test solution hypotheses for customer value, usability, and technical feasibility
- Understand the typical use cases and user value of Relativity products as it applies to assigned areas of expertise and pursue learning opportunities to improve understanding of these use cases
- Develop a working understanding and use current tools (such as Jira, SalesForce, Asana, Flare) to perform basic functions relevant to the role - Understand the interactions, dependencies and workflows of tools used by the documentation team to complete tasks in the most efficient manner
- Contribute to the team's efforts for improving internal processes, follow best practices for troubleshooting the tools used to publish content, and improve those practices
- Manage or contribute to ad-hoc projects assigned by documentation team leaders
- Advise and assist associate technical writers in the design and production of product documentation
- As workload permits, help address backlog and technical debt projects for the product documentation team
- 3 years of experience writing complex product documentation for web-based software
- Basic HTML, CSS, and XML knowledge
- Customer focus and empathy
- Work in a collaborative, remote team environment
- Exposure to documentation publishing software such as MadCap, RoboHelp, Wiki-based, markdown, DocFx)
- Exposure to technical communication programs
- Experience working in a technology organization that used Agile development methodologies, with frequent product releases
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.