Applied Scientist - AI Research
Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
Relativity is one of the world’s leading data platforms that allows our customers to organize their data, discover the truth and act on it. Over 300,000 users across 40 countries and thousands of organizations – primarily in legal, financial services, and government sectors, including the U.S. Department of Justice and 198 of the Am Law 200- utilize Relativity to manage and analyze petabytes of data.
Over the past year, Relativity has made significant investments in our AI capabilities to reduce the time it takes for users to derive insights and identify sensitive information. Recently, Relativity acquired Text IQ, a Top 100 AI company trusted by the world's largest enterprises, including Honeywell, AstraZeneca, Intel, Boehringer Ingelheim, BASF and Cardinal Health. Text IQ's pioneering AI technology uncovers 90% of sensitive information at a 75% reduction in cost and time. Enterprises, law firms, and government organizations have used Text IQ's AI to identify and protect sensitive and confidential information, reduce risk, elevate their privacy programs, and create fair and inclusive workplaces. Read more about Text IQ on TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, and Axios
About the Applied Scientist Role:
As an Applied Scientist, you will be part of the AI Research team, a horizontal team that serves all products across Relativity, with the goal of solving some of the most challenging problems in the field of Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, and Social Network Analysis. You will directly work with other applied scientists in the group, product managers, and software engineers to take problems from their inception to integrate them into the products. You will report to the Applied Science Manager.
Your role in action:
- Architect and build our next-generation AI algorithm platform using cutting-edge tools and frameworks
- Build and solve novel solutions within our products by collaborating with our engineers, product managers, and commercial teams to bring life to unsolved problem statements
- Design and develop efficient, scalable, and maintainable AI-powered applications in mission-critical domains
- Work with the team to help drive business decisions
- Actively contribute to the wider research community by sharing and publishing your findings, with ideas inspired by internal projects as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world
- M.S or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Industry/academic research experience in AI (Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing)
- Publications at top NLP or AI/ML conferences like ACL, NAACL, EMNLP, NeurIPS, ICLR, AAAI, KDD, etc.
- Experience building AI powered systems utilizing Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures and computational complexity
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning framework such as PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to consistently deliver elegant, modular, and scalable solutions in a timely manner
- Please note, this is a fully remote role based in Canada or US
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.