Senior User Experience Researcher (Remote)
Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
As the Senior User Experience Researcher, you will take the lead in providing leadership to product design and development teams in researching and identifying priority user goals to influence the product development process.
As part of the Product Management organization, you will develop strong collaborative relationships with product managers and engineers. You will engage with end-users to identify key user insights. The Senior User Experience Researcher reports to the Director of User Experience.
- Proven ability to interact with customers and empathize with their needs.
- Proactively plan and execute customer research throughout the design and development lifecycle.
- Work with designers, product managers and other stakeholders to identify research needs.
- Develop cross-functional relationships, collecting existing research and insights to inform research questions and collaborating on end-to-end research that looks across the customer journey.
- Lead research studies using methodologies including generative design research and contextual inquiry, participatory design workshops, interviews, formative and summative usability studies, and quantitative methods, such as surveys and data analytics.
- Lead empathy and design-thinking workshops to drive cross-functional collaboration that translates research findings into actionable product goals and direction.
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, write actionable and impactful reports with compelling data visualizations and expertly share these results with a variety of audiences, including key stakeholder updates.
- Add to research findings with data from other sources including analytics, customer support records, sales contacts, etc.
- Proactively look for opportunities to add to our customer knowledge outside of projects.
- Evangelize customer insights with internal product and customer groups, leveraging cross-functional communication and collaboration methods.
- Contribute to the team’s advancement by trying out new research techniques.
- Coach and mentor others in the user experience team to contribute to Relativity’s ethos of continuous improvement and development.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in user research with an emphasis on research related to software and digital experiences, or a bachelor’s degree and 3+ years professional experience, or a Master’s in HCI or similar discipline.
- Experience designing and conducting usability studies.
- Experience working with Agile development environment.
- You possess a natural curiosity and ability to empathize with customers.
- You enjoy collaboration and building team spirit.
- You’re a pattern finder and holistic, critical thinker.
- You relish problem-solving and don’t shy away from challenges.
- You possess the ability to work well with other researchers, product managers, product designers, and engineers
- You’re able to give design recommendations based on knowledge of web and mobile design patterns, usability heuristics and understanding of cognitive processes.
- You’re able to swiftly revise and improvise research plans as needed.
- You have effective teamwork and communication skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication to clearly, succinctly, and completely communicate intent (both technical and non-technical) in interactions with team members and customers, including presentation skills.
- You demonstrate excellent time management to ensure time is optimally allocated to meet prioritized business needs.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.