Product Manager - Processing, Data Extraction (Remote)
Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
About Processing at Relativity
Relativity’s Processing product is the linchpin of the RelativityOne / Relativity product experience, extracting data from hundreds of file types (e.g. Word, CAD drawings, text messages, etc.) and powering the entire suite of platform functionality by making extracted data and metadata available for searching, AI, review, and more. Our vision is to power RelativityOne’s unstructured data platform as the global standard for text and metadata extraction.
About Product Management for Processing
The Processing Product Team is broken up into three domains: Data Extraction, Data Integration, and Processing platform. The Data Extraction domain focuses on excellence in interacting with native files to ensure that we support accurate extraction from as many file types as possible while delivering an amazing UX to run and monitor jobs. The Data Integration domain takes the extracted data and makes it available in valuable ways in the Relativity / RelativityOne platform. The Processing platform powers the first two domains by building a suite of capabilities that provide the infrastructure and scaling required to deliver on our Processing vision.
About the Product Manager, Processing – Data Extraction role
The Product Management team is looking for a Product Manager over our Data Extraction teams within the Processing product whose collaborative nature and effective communication skills complement product experience with highly technical products. In this domain, you will focus on leading a scrum team with goals around improving the usability of creating extraction jobs and monitoring job progress. Success in this area will mean that our users spend less time interacting with the system to generate this data, freeing them for higher-value activities and opening the platform to new users and use cases.
This role will directly impact our company’s vision of powering the pursuit of justice, as global legal decisions and corporate investigations will be decided based on facts from this extracted data and the insights we deliver using it. This position reports to the Director of Product Management.
- Act as Product Owner over Processing sprint team(s)
- Drive clarity in the strategy of what we’re building – Why this and not that? Why now and not later?
- Own the requirements of what we’re building – How should we factor in the needs of different personas who have competing interests and goals?
- Inspire on the value that this roadmap will bring to users and our business – How do improvements in job kickoff and monitoring help our users realize our company missing - “Organize data; discover the truth; act on it”?
- Work closely with the Product “triad” (Design + Engineering + you) to evaluate new product opportunities, triage product issues, and co-develop product solutions
- Inspire teams by bringing a deep sense of empathy for the challenges of our users and a familiarity with their workflows and needs
- Clearly communicate high-level technical product details to internal/external stakeholders in role-specific levels of detail
- Collect, organize, and prioritize product requests and challenges from all customer segments, providing compelling and concise business cases to justify and explain product work
- Partner with Engineering to define and execute against quarterly team-level OKRs that align to both our business strategy and local priorities
- Translate high-level projects (e.g. quarterly “Key Results”) into low-level stories with requirements for improving data extraction in Processing
- Help mature the domain into a “data-first” culture where we ensure that we are consistently using product data to inform decision making
- Wondering whether or not you qualify – don’t worry, just apply! Diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ways of thinking make our team stronger:
- Minimum 2 year's experience as a Proven “Product Owner or Product Manager” – We don’t care whether you’ve ever heard of our industry (e-discovery) or our product. We need someone who will bring their skills of the product management discipline into this space – concepts like design thinking, collaboration with Design & Engineering, ruthless prioritization, frequent iteration, and more.
- Highly technical – Relativity Processing is a complex product because it solves a very complex problem. Whether you come from the B2C or B2B space, we need someone who can get in the weeds with technical concepts. You don’t need to be a programmer or have a degree in Computer Science, but you’ll need a level of technical proficiency/acumen to be able to dig into details of product requests, issues, and opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – In the same afternoon, you might share project information with engineers and then executives, so your ability to speak (or type) clearly at the appropriate level of detail will drive successful conversations.
- Known for team collaboration – Your average day might involve interactions with 4+ different teams across the business, so your skills of active listening, meeting facilitation, and project management will make teams love working with you.
- Strong project management – You will have competing priorities with combinations of ad-hoc and planned deliverables requested by different groups. Your ability to balance priorities, pushing back when needed, will ensure high quality work.
- Proven business acumen – You will be the face of the product’s strategy to your technical teams, so your ability to connect the lines between the team’s work and our business goals will motivate your team and drive success
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.