Software Engineer - File PaaS
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The File PaaS:
The File PaaS is an essential portion of Cloud Engineering, providing Relativity with all of its storage needs. It abstracts away infrastructure management and provides operations with mechanisms by which underlying storage infrastructure is built, operated, vended, and consumed. As a Software Engineer, you will play a role of a team member in the File PaaS, driving its overall interests in optimizing infrastructure for efficiency, reliability, and the satisfaction of all of Relativity's storage requirements.
The File Asset Storage Team (FAST):
Within the Cloud Engineering Vertical, the File Asset Storage Team (FAST) owns all unstructured data storage needs for the Relativity application.
Your Role in Action
- Solve complex storage problems and implement their solutions using cloud-native patterns and services
- Adopt and exercise best practices in delivering software, including test-driven and trunk-based development, as well as continuous integration and deployment
- Contribute to the product through our development workflow
- Assess customer requests and troubleshoot incidents when on-call
- Improve the operational state of the software, striving for observability, reliability, and availability
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the stack and promote their solutions
- Align the offerings with platform expectations and contracts
- Document our service architecture through well-written design narratives and architectural decision records
- Maintain a high bar for code and architectural quality
- Experience developing with C#, Or .NET Core
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and excellent debugging
- 2+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications
- Experience working in an Agile development environment (using Scrum, Kanban)
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.