Senior Engineer 20-0421
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Engineering Operations, you will leverage Agile and DevOps practices to design, build, and maintain the services and tools used by the Product Development department in one or more of the following areas (your qualifications may vary depending on the focus area):
- Virtual machine image management for Vagrant and Azure, using full stack C#.NET application and Chef.
- Provisioning and configuration pipeline services for RelativityOne using Chef, Powershell and Jenkins to Azure Cloud.
- Senior Software Engineer is responsible for delivering results for the Product Development department by:
- Contributing to a Scrum team that solves complex challenges through refinement, planning, daily standups, code reviews, and demos
- Estimate software development timelines and be accountable to the timelines by actively managing risks, test cases, and changing requirements
- Develop the scripts and tools required to continuously build, provision, configure and monitor Azure infrastructure and its applications.
- Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Facilitate and evolve automation for the testing and release of our products through CI/CD
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer the processes for repeated tasks.
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes.
- Influence the use of industry leading development platforms, best practices, and processes
- Broaden the team knowledge and support via mentoring junior team members
- Exemplify Core Values and be a role model. Bring positivity and solution oriented mindset
- Solid enterprise software development experience (6 to 8 years)
- Experience with unit testing, preferably in the TDD mode
- Experience in OOP software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server or
- Experience in infrastructure and distributed systems in an Azure Cloud environment using Chef and Terraform or
- Experience in modularized Powershell development
- Experience in continuous integration and automated deployment (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience in working with Agile development methodology
- Experience in designing and interacting with complex software
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Fluency in English