Lead Software Engineer with Elasticsearch
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The Lead Software Engineer at Relativity develops software and leads a team to apply software engineering best practices to deliver high-quality, maintainable, reusable, reliable, performant, and scalable software. They will work with business stakeholders to support the development of products, features and services that drive and evolve our SaaS offering. You will serve as a technical liaison between your team and other internal and external development teams to identify and resolve dependencies, to identify, improve, and apply software engineering best practices and processes, and to identify and mitigate risks to the on-time delivery of software.
The Search Excellence Team
Relativity Search is a suite of applications that empower customers to find relevant information, retrieve and present it. Search products include document ingestion, index building, searching, and search term reports execution. Stable and high performant Search directly impacts customer experience and is critical for the organization.
The Search Excellence Team develops solutions to enhance the Relativity Search experience, builds, maintains, and monitors the Elasticsearch infrastructure, optimizes search performance and applies data science techniques to reduce search related costs.
- Assist and lead the effort on architecture, design, and development of a performant, scalable, and secure Search solutions hosted on a cloud platform,
- Make high-impact contributions and provide technical guidance to a software development team to deliver high quality software that operates on data at massive scale,
- Define, analyze, and estimate non-functional software requirements,
- Provide input into system software architecture development by working with Principal Architects,
- Lead the design of software using abstraction, low coupling, high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation, information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns,
- Lead the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming, exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design and Programming,
- Enable best practices of Test-Driven Development and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration and Continues Deployment,
- As our team owns the platform end-to-end, periodically handle customer technical support as a second line of support.
- Bachelor in computer science, Engineering, or similar technical degree,
- 7+ years of experience in software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of leading successful engineering teams in agile environment,
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to perform under pressure delivering technical solutions,
- Strong Problem-Solving skills,
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration,
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in cloud environment (Azure, AWS, Google), Azure experience is a plus,
- Excellent knowledge and interest in new technology trends and their applications for new products in the marketplace,
- Thorough understanding of DevOps principles and hands-on experience working with CI/CD approach,
- Experience working with ELK stack and search technologies including good understanding of how to scale and monitor Elasticsearch infrastructure, Elastic Cloud Enterprise is a plus,
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with container technologies,
- Freely navigating the Linux OS,
- Experience working in highly automated test environments,
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools and scripting languages used in infrastructure configuration (e.g., PowerShell, Python, Ruby),
- Experience and excellent programming skills in object-oriented languages, C# is preferred,
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, developing, troubleshooting, and optimizing SQL queries,
- Experience working and developing applications with .NET framework is a strong plus,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.