Senior Software Engineer
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The Senior Software Engineer develops software and guides a team to apply software engineering best practices to provide high-quality, maintainable, reusable, performant, and scalable software.
You will be a technical liaison between your team and other development teams to resolve dependencies, improve and apply software engineering best practices and processes, and find and address risks to the delivery of software.
Our team owns the Relativity Search products. Relativity Search is a suite of applications which empowers customers to find relevant information, retrieve and present it. Search products include documents ingestion, index building, searching, and search term reports execution.
This role reports to the Manager of Software Engineering.
Your Role in Action
- Guide a software Agile team, managing their scrum boards and projects.
- Lead the design of software using abstraction, low coupling, high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation, information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns
- Analyze and estimate non-functional software requirements
- Contribute to system software architecture development and future projects by working with Staff, Principal, Lead Engineers, and Architects
- Lead the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming, exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design and Programming such as SOLID
- Ensure best practices of Test-Driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration
- Work with management to mentor team members and guide development growth
- 5+ years of experience in software development using C/C++, or related object-oriented programming languages
- Experience leading an Agile software team, including mentoring and project leadership
- Experience with 'file format' parsing and document conversion
- Experience developing highly scalable solutions in Azure or other cloud platforms
- Experience in CI/CD
- Understanding of DevOps principals
- Relativity is committed to competitive, fair and equitable compensation practices.
- This position is eligible for total compensation which includes a competitive base salary, annual performance bonus target of 10%, and long-term incentives. The expected salary range for this role is between $112,000 and $152,000. The final offered salary will be based on several factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s depth of experience, skill set, qualifications, and internal pay equity. Hiring at the top end of the range would not be typical, to allow for future meaningful salary growth in this position.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.