Senior Software Engineering Manager
Here at Relativity we prioritize flexibility and work-life harmony. Our Hybrid work environment provides options tailored to your role and location, aiming to enhance engagement, connectivity, and productivity.
Join us to experience a culture of collaboration and innovation, where connecting in-person adds value to our collective growth. Let's work together!
This position is responsible for leading multiple highly effective teams in the development and delivery of one or more product features- they are the subject matter expert for the each of the product features they are involved in. The Senior Manager is also responsible for evolving the department processes and for the professional development of their reports
Your Role in Action:
- Contribute to the product roadmap and use it to bring purpose to the team and their backlog.
- Has effective ability to scope and drive features and products, delivering updates.
- Deliver results, within time and scope, and bring visibility through regular reporting.
- Maintain accountability behind the features and products they own.
- Develop deep software product knowledge within their area of ownership.
- Display an ownership mindset; be accountable for and beyond the features your team develops.
- Use independent judgment to develop strategic vision within multiple feature sets or domains.
- Implement operational policies and directives.
- Lead a team of software and quality engineers, architects and technical product managers to be effective in the design and development of software applications and systems per business demands and requirements.
- Validate resource utilization to assure efficient deployment of team members.
- Tackle significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken.
- Manage the professional development of their Managers and their teams under them and be the subject matter expert for the product features they are involved in.
- Work collaboratively with Managers and their teams to identify and develop the talents of each individual on their teams.
- Maintain responsibility for building and leading multiple, highly effective teams of software engineers, and work with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process. Keep your team’s vision aligned with bigger picture in mind.
- Serve as technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their respective domain or feature set.
- Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive.
- Be a subject matter expert in your area of our product.
- Use long-term strategic thinking to guide and develop your teams to help them meet overall product goals.
- Exercise a significant latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Be innovative. Think beyond the when crafting solutions and considering impact.
- Seven or more years of experience managing software product development teams.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling and access languages and cloud environments such as SaaS.
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration. Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration. Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration. Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration. Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results.
- In depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Compensation Relativity is committed to competitive, fair and equitable compensation practices
- This position is eligible for total compensation which includes a competitive base salary, annual performance bonus target of 10%, and long-term incentives. The expected salary range for this role is between 285,000 and 428,000 PLN gross/year (Employment Contract). The final offered salary will be based on several factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s depth of experience, skill set, qualifications, and internal pay equity. Hiring at the top end of the range would not be typical, to allow for future meaningful salary growth in this position.