Advanced Software Engineer- Trace-21-0142
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Relativity Trace Overview
Relativity Trace is an early-stage business within Relativity that’s bringing a best-in-class communication surveillance platform to the global market. Our team’s vision is to build a world free of professional misconduct.
Trace is the most flexible communication surveillance platform allowing compliance teams to have full control over how they monitor risk. Trace leverages innovative artificial intelligence to supplement compliance team capabilities to reduce false positive alerting and increase efficiency.
As an Advanced Software Engineer in Trace Compliance AI team you will leverage your development expertise, leading software projects as we continue to roll out cutting edge AI/ML technologies. You will be a key member of the team that solves unstructured complex data problems on a big data scale!
A strong preference will be given to candidates with a history of site reliability engineering contributions. Specifically, handling of services in a large scale production environment and determining solutions to increase availability, scale and performance limits of services.
Looking for demonstrated experience solving difficult availability problems - able to reason about edge cases, failure modes, and complex system behaviors behind non-trivial features.
You will be on projects to support a highly scalable and dynamic system driven by containerized logic analyzing documents to deliver user-facing analytics features.
Ideal candidate has direct experience working with data scientists breaking down complex data, business requirements and integrating services to evaluate and score incoming documents at scale.
- Work with engineering teams and designs performant, scalable, and secure software to a high degree of quality – not simply focusing on meeting functional requirements
- Make high-impact contributions, ship high quality performant and secure software that operates on data at massive scale
- Obsessive focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing and static analysis as well as rigorous test strategy development
- Improves the software development process by recommending and instituting changes in policies and procedures
- Facilitates pair programming to improve software quality and completeness and disseminate design and implementation knowledge
- Provides technical guidance to team members through education and coaching of best practice object oriented programming principles
- Experience working with Data Scientists to create, update and roll out ML models
- Previous experience with .Net framework and C# programming OR other Object Oriented Programming languages
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- 3 + years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, C# preferred but not required