Lead Systems Engineer - DevOps
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The Lead Systems Engineer - DevOps at Relativity develops software and leads a team to apply software engineering best practices to deliver high-quality, maintainable, reusable, reliable, performant, and scalable software. They will work with business stakeholders to support the development of products, features and services that drive and evolve our SaaS offering. You will serve as a technical liaison between your team and other internal and external development teams to identify and resolve dependencies, to identify, improve, and apply software engineering best practices and processes, and to identify and mitigate risks to the on-time delivery of software.
The Web Hosting Team:
Web Hosting team is responsible for the delivery of a stable platform used for handling content to customers and allowing them to run their extensions to the system. High performance of the solution directly impacts customer experience and is critical for the organization. The team takes care of whole lifecycle of the solution from the design to sunset. It is responsible for constant monitoring and improvements of the solution as well as preparing the transition to new technologies.
Here you will have the opportunity to solve significant complex scalability, availability and performance challenges while learning new cloud development best practices using technologies like Azure, .NET core, Serverless Compute, Chef, PowerShell, and Jenkins.
- Lead technical development projects
- Assistance and lead the effort on architecture, design, and development of a performant, scalable, and secure cloud platformMake high-impact contributions and provide technical guidance to a software development team to ship high quality software that operates on data at massive scale.
- Lead the design of software using abstraction, low coupling, high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation, information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns.
- Specify, analyze, and estimate non-functional software requirements
- Provide input into system software architecture development by working with Staff, Advisory and Principal Engineers.
- Lead the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming, exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design and Programming such as SOLID
- Enable best practices of Test-Driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration and Continues Deployment.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree, or work equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google) Azure experience is a plus
- Experience developing systems and applications, or related experience
- Experience in .NET software development using C# or related technologies
- Experience working in highly automated test environments
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM) is a plus
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.