Manager, Tax 21-0487
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As Manager, Tax, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Relativity’s U.S. Federal, State and local tax compliance activities. The Manager, Tax will lead in the development of a strong tax function by building out the tax team. The Manager, Tax works under general direction of the Controller, CFO and other senior team members.
- Manage the annual partnership and C-Corp Federal and State income tax compliance process, including preparation of the taxable income calculation and review of tax returns
- Perform taxable income projections and assist with the calculation of quarterly estimated tax payments and tax distributions
- Prepare supporting schedules and documentation for audits by Federal, State and local tax authorities, as needed
- Manage state and local sales and use tax compliance and evaluate state nexus exposure
- Manage all international tax and entity-specific compliance activities
- Manage Relativity’s transfer pricing activity and relating agreements
- Support the quarterly and annual VAT filing process for Relativity’s foreign entities
- Review and facilitate monthly, quarterly and annual foreign corporate tax filings with external tax advisors
- Support the Company’s M&A activities, including due diligence, tax restructuring, and tax accounting, in collaboration with external consultants
- Provide guidance to cross-functional teams on tax language in customer contracts and in employee profits interest program
- Collaborate with Relativity’s tax advisors and third-party service providers
- Prepare internal memos to document Relativity’s tax positions and policies
- Stay up to date with developing tax regulations
- Support the quarterly and annual financial audit process
- Manage tax planning strategies, evaluate risks and communicate recommended tax position to senior team members, as needed
- Proven knowledge of tax, accounting and finance principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Licensed CPA preferred
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage outside consultants to meet internal deadlines
- Detail-oriented and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent research skills
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 7+ years of experience working in general corporate or public accounting (mix of both preferred)