Advanced Software Engineer (EOPS) remote
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As an Advanced Software Engineer in Engineering Operations, you will leverage Agile and DevOps practices to design, build, and maintain the services and tools used by the Product Development department in one or more of the following areas (your qualifications may vary depending on the focus area):
- Virtual machine image management for Vagrant and Azure, using full stack C#.NET, SQL Server, Powershell, Chef, and Azure Cloud
- Infrastructure as a service for Kubernetes and Jenkins, in Azure using Terraform, Chef, Kubernetes, Powershell, and Jenkins
- Provisioning and configuration pipeline services for RelativityOne using Chef, Powershell, Jenkins, and Azure Cloud
- Monitoring as a service for RelativityOne using C#.NET, Azure Functions and Splunk
- Contributing to a Scrum team that solves complex challenges during planning, daily standups, code reviews, and demos
- Develop the scripts and tools required to continuously build, provision, configure and monitor Azure infrastructure and its applications.
- Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Facilitate automation for the release of our products as binaries for multiple target OS’s and packaging formats
- Evolve our continuous integration test harnesses, helping the team keep the test runs fast and reliably green
- Facilitate management of Azure resources and image automation
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer the processes for repeated tasks.
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes.
- Influence the use of industry leading development platforms, best practices, and processes
- Solid software development experience (4 to 5 years)
- Experience with unit testing, preferably in the TDD mode
- Experience and knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in OOP software development using C# (or Java) and SQL Server or
- Experience in infrastructure and distributed systems in a Cloud environment (Azure preferred) using Chef (or Puppet) and Terraform or
- Experience in Docker container and Shared Compute Kubernetes Clusters
- Experience and knowledge in modularized script development (Powershell preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of continuous integration and automated deployment (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience in working with Agile development methodology
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Fluency in English