Instructional Design Specialist 21-0277
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Instructional Design Specialist develops and delivers training content across a variety of media platforms to educate internal and external clients about how to use the company’s core products.
- Design, deliver and maintain training programs and learning solutions, including in-person trainings, live virtual webinar sessions, on-demand videos, interactive tutorial simulations, self-guided exercises, and other innovative learning materials.
- Develop, test and maintain user training materials for instructor-led training, self-paced training modules and online training content, including interactive tutorials and rich media educational videos.
- Own and maintain one or more technical training curriculums.
- Lead project teams to design and develop client-facing training content and materials.
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather educational requirements.
- Collaborate frequently with subject matter experts to assist with knowledge transfer and the accuracy and quality of content.
- Work across teams to ensure that educational content is effectively deployed and represented on the company website, customer portal, internet learning portals and other communications and marketing portals.
- Facilitate in-person classroom sessions as needed.
- Innovate on training content.
- Assist with the production and management of industry, community and educational events.
- Participate in the delivery and evaluation of training sessions when appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge of instructional design, technical communication and multimedia content development.
- Demonstrate consistent commitment to core company values.
- 3 years' experience in educational content development (e.g., curriculum design, study aids, simulations, evaluations, e-learning, m-learning, scripting, multimedia, publishing, etc.), with an emphasis on e-learning and multimedia technologies.
- 3 years' experience in distance learning, learning management systems and educational portals.
- One or more years of experience demonstrating graphic and visual design skills, specifically applied to training materials (e.g., PowerPoint presentations, job aids, infographics, etc.)
- Ability to analyze and produce content from a learner’s perspective.
- Experience working with content authoring tools (e.g., Captivate, Articulate, Lectora, Camtasia, Adobe InDesign, and other Adobe Creative Suite programs).
- Experience with professional image editing and desktop publishing software, such as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Advanced knowledge of fundamental instructional design principles, including the ADDIE design model and Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, such as Knowles’ theory of andragogy.
- Experience in implementing an educational portal or learning management system.
- Experience with e-learning standards, SCORM and Section 508 requirements.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and communicate with stakeholders from a wide range of disciplines.
- Ability to write clear and attainable learning objectives.
- Solid professional and technical writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on company and team objectives.
- Ability to drive projects to completion and meet deadlines.