LitSavant Conformity Engine by LitSavant
The LitSavant Conformity Engine implements ‘If thisâ€¦. then that’ logical rules into the coding process within Relativity Workspaces. Using the standard Relativity interface, users set up the Conditions to be assessed and define one or more actions to be taken if the Conditions are fulfilled. Users select the actions to be triggered from a set of alternatives whether that be providing an alert (onscreen or by email), updating a Field, executing a Relativity Script or building a new Object. In each case, the user provides the details of the actions to be taken. Any of these logical rules can be applied to the Document or to other Objects and can be specified to operate only on the desired Layouts.
Your Data – Your Rules
You can use this ability to constrain data entry – by avoiding the input of logically inconsistent coding or by enforcing data entry in one field conditional on the values entered in another. You can also use the LitSavant Conformity Engine to introduce real-time reporting on data entry or to enter additional data associated with the values input by the user.
Benefits of LitSavant Conformity Engine include:
- Eliminates the need for event handler development and removes the need for programmer input in developing event-handler-style functionality
- Allows for the immediate development, testing, and deployment of rules – increasing responsiveness to review team requests
- Increases the speed with which event-handler-style functionality can be tweaked to adjust to the ongoing needs of a project
- Because of the ease of development, makes the use of event-handler-style functionality more economic and more readily applicable to ongoing projects
Potential applications of this technology include:
- Increasing the efficiency of review by preventing inconsistent data entry and thereby reducing the need for logical QC
- Alerting selected team members to the existence of various categories of documents as they are found and coded
- Extending the existing audit facility by recording who coded what and when in fields that can be searched from within the standard user interface
- Locking down the coding of particular fields for documents that have already been produced
- The entire rules engine could also be embedded as an integrated component inside other applications designed to extend Relativity’s use beyond simple document review