Relativity Academic Partners
Become a Relativity Fest Mentor
Make a difference in one student’s career and help nurture the next generation of e-discovery professionals.
About the Program
Small Commitment, Huge Impact
Each year, Relativity grants 25 Relativity Fest scholarships to outstanding law, cyber, paralegal, and data science students to help them learn about Relativity, explore career paths, and expand their professional network.
As a mentor, you’ll meet with your assigned scholar every month, from June through September. You’ll share your journey in the industry, what you’ve learned along the way, and anything else to help your scholar succeed.
Then, the big moment: Relativity Fest
In September, mentors and scholars will come together at Relativity Fest* in Chicago for three days of education and networking.
Your job: introduce your scholar to your network and help them build long-lasting relationships. In return, Relativity will pay for your conference pass. It’s a win-win.
*Relativity Fest is September 25–27, 2024 at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago. Mentors will need to arrive before September 25 and will depart after 5 p.m. on September 27.
How to Become a Mentor
Mentors must work in the legal and e-discovery industries and meet the following requirements:
- 1Have three or more years’ experience as a paralegal, attorney, litigation support coordinator or manager, AI practitioner or cyber expert, project manager, or previous scholar.
- 2Have at least one Relativity certification or over five years’ experience in the industry.
- 3Available to have 30- to 60-minute calls with your mentee each month, from June through September.
- 4Available to attend Relativity Fest in person and attend all the scholar sessions alongside your mentee. If you regularly speak at Relativity Fest and would miss one or more of the scholar sessions, please do not apply.
- 5Comfortable coaching your mentee and sharing your education and employment journey.