The protection of your Personal Data is important to us. We are committed to the lawful, fair, transparent, accountable, accurate, confidential, and limited collection and processing of your Personal Data.
Last Updated: June 22, 2022
What Personal Data do we collect?
The Personal Data you provide to us voluntarily:
We collect Personal Data that you provide to us through various means. The Personal Data that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make. The Personal Data we collect may include the following:
- Name and contact information. We may collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, employer, title, and other similar contact information when you contact us, sign up for email lists, promotions, or marketing blogs or newsletters, complete surveys, participate in user forums such as the Relativity Community, participate in research opportunities, register for events, trainings, or certifications, and/or interact with us at an event.
- Your image and voice. If you attend a Relativity hosted or sponsored event, we may capture your image and/or voice in any video, photograph or audio recording taken at the event.
- Payment data, such as credit card information. We collect Personal Data necessary to process your payment, such as your payment instrument number (e.g. credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if you register for events, trainings, or certifications that require payment. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions. Information regarding the payment processor, including how to access its privacy policies, is available in connection with use of the payment processing service.
- Data related to employment. We may collect Personal Data when you express an interest in employment opportunities at Relativity by applying through our careers page. The Personal Data we collect from you will be made apparent at the time you are submitting your application. If you are a current, former, or prospective Relativity employee, please click here to view our Employment Privacy Notice.
Please note, if you do not provide us with Personal Data where required, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you have requested.
The Personal Data we collect from other sources:
We may collect Personal Data about you, including first and last name, employer, title, and business contact information, from other sources such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party event hosts and other third parties that you interact with and that Relativity may engage from time to time, where such Personal Data is publicly available and where we are otherwise permissioned to collect such Personal Data.
The Personal Data we collect through your use of our Websites:
The Personal Data we collect through your use of our Software:
Users log in to the Software with their business email address. We track the number of unique users each month for our billing purposes and other purposes necessary for the administration of the Software. Your Software administrator has the option to pseudonymize user email addresses for billing purposes. Please contact your Software administrator if you have any questions about whether your email address is being pseudonymized.
If you contact our Relativity Support or Success Teams, your Personal Data, including name and contact information, will be recorded on an internally-generated ticket. We keep this Personal Data for a limited period to track recurring issues and improve our processes and products.
With respect to use of our mobile application of our Software only, this Personal Data may include the email address you use to log in to the Software, and other device and usage information, including your IP address, device name and characteristics, operating system, location, information about how and when you use our mobile application.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We may use your Personal Data for a variety of business purposes as described below. We process your Personal Data for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, vital interests, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. Our purposes for collecting your Personal Data include the following:
- To send you Software and administrative information. We may use your Personal Data to send you information related to the Software and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To provide support. We may use your Personal Data to provide you with requested information or technical support, facilitate resolution of your issue, or to diagnose problems with the Software.
- To fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your Personal Data to fulfill and manage your orders, registrations, and payments made through our Websites.
- To track certifications, trainings and event attendance. We may use your Personal Data to track your Relativity certifications, trainings, and attendance at Relativity events.
- To administer promotions or contests. We may use your Personal Data to administer promotions or contests that you elect to participate in.
- To request feedback. We may use your Personal Data to request feedback about your use of our Software and Websites.
- To protect our Websites. We may use your Personal Data as part of our efforts to keep our Websites safe and secure (e.g. through fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. f we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may be required to inspect the Personal Data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To evaluate your employment candidacy. If you apply for employment with Relativity, we will use the Personal Data provided in your application to evaluate your candidacy in accordance with our Employment Privacy Notice.
- For other business purposes. We may use your Personal Data for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Websites, Software, other products and services, marketing practices, and your Relativity experience.
What sensitive Personal Data do we collect?
Unless you are an employee of Relativity, we do not intentionally collect any sensitive Personal Data. Sensitive Personal Data means the various categories of Personal Data that have been identified by applicable data privacy laws as requiring special treatment and can include data relating to ethnic origin or race, marital status, political opinions or affiliations, ideological views or activities, trade union membership, religious or philosophical beliefs, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or sex life, genetic data, biometric data, national identifier (including social security number), government benefits, or administrative or criminal proceedings or records. We suggest that you do not provide sensitive Personal Data to us.
What about the Personal Data stored within the Software?
Who do we share your Personal Data with?
We only share and disclose your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers, Vendors, Contractors, and other Third Parties. We may share your Personal Data with third-party vendors, contractors and service providers who perform services for us or on our behalf, and who need to process such Personal Data to do that work. Examples of such services include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, and hosting services. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on our Websites, which enables them to collect data about how you interact with the Websites over time. This data may be used for purposes such as analyzing and tracking data, determining the popularity of certain content and better understanding online activity. We may share your Personal Data with third parties including our resellers and other sales and advertising partners, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, and fraud monitoring and prevention providers. Third-party data processors that we engage have contractual obligations, including obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and process it only for the purposes for which we share it with them. At your request, we will let you know if any third parties have processed your Personal Data as part of an engagement with us.
- Vital interests and legal rights. We may disclose your Personal Data where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose your Personal Data where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Business transfers. We may share or transfer your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Other users. When you share Personal Data (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content on our Websites), such Personal Data may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Websites in perpetuity.
- With your consent. We may disclose your Personal Data for any other purpose with your consent.
How do we secure your Personal Data?
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any Personal Data we collect and process, both during transmission and once we receive it. Of course, the security of your Personal Data also depends on you; where you have credentials for access to certain parts of our Websites or Software, you are responsible for keeping such credentials confidential. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of data that is electronically stored or transmitted over the internet, and there is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security breach, we may notify you or others consistent with applicable data protection law. For more information, please visit https://www.relativity.com/trust/.
What are your rights?
Exercising privacy rights: You may send us a request to access, obtain a copy, correct, delete, or limit the use and disclosure of your Personal Data in our possession and we will respond in accordance with the applicable data protection laws. If we are relying on your consent to process your Personal Data and if required under applicable data protection laws, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your withdrawal of consent. We will let you know if we are seeking to rely on your consent at the time of collection.
To exercise any of your privacy rights with respect to your Personal Data or to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not discriminate against you for seeking to exercise any of your privacy rights under any applicable data protection laws and we will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
When contacting us, please provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you as the person about whom we collected Personal Data and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it; we cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or your authority to make the request. We may ask you to provide additional information to verify your identity.
If you still have any unresolved issues or wish to submit a complaint after you have contacted us, you may contact your local authority, as applicable. For example, if you live in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, you may contact your local Data Protection Authority for more information (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm) or if you live in Australia, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/).
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email lists at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link or following the unsubscribe instructions in the emails that we send or by otherwise contacting us at email@example.com. You will be removed from the marketing email lists, however, we may still need to send you emails that are necessary for non-marketing related purposes.
Is your Personal Data transferred internationally?
We are headquartered in the United States. Personal Data may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates elsewhere in the world. By providing us with your Personal Data or otherwise engaging with us through our Websites or Software, please be aware that your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in the United States, by our affiliates elsewhere in the world, and by those third parties with whom we may share your Personal Data as described above.
What happens when I go to another site?
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
California Consumer Privacy Rights
Opt-out of sharing certain Personal Data
- To update your cookie preferences, including a Do Not Sell My Personal Information option, review your .
- Contacting Relativity via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or using this form: https://resources.relativity.com/gdpr-personal-data-inquiry.html
Please note that you must provide enough information to enable us to process your request.
Do we collect Personal Data relating to children?
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or market to anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and become aware that your child provided us with their Personal Data, you should contact us at email@example.com.
Who can you contact to learn more?
Relativity ODA LLC
Attention: Legal Team
231 South LaSalle Street, 8th Floor
Chicago, IL 60604, United States